Sunday 27 July 2014

10 compliments guys give you and what they actually mean.

He does not love ALL of your friends and that is a fact.]

1. When he says, "Your friends are so great." He really means, "I can actually tolerate being around them." The odds a guy will love everyone in your inner circle is pretty slim. When he tells you that your friends are great, he really just means he's glad none of them are criminally insane or Charlotte.

2. When he says, "I think you look great in both of those dresses." He really means, "I have no idea what I'm supposed to say here." Even if a guy likes something, he's afraid his opinion won't match up to yours. This move is the equivalent of a turtle retreating into its shell when approached by a predator.

3. When he says, "I love that new lipstick." He really means, "Look! I noticed you did something different!" Most men don't care about new makeup, but they care about scraping the bottom of the barrel for brownie points. He probably does love your new lipstick, but he's also looking for a pat on the head.

4. When he says, "You have a great sense of humor." He really means, "Finally. Someone who laughs at my jokes." It's great when you have someone you can rely on whenever you tell a dumb joke at a party.

5. When he says, "Let's just stay in together." He really means, "I want to have sex." FACT: Most restaurants don't let you have sex in them. If he can keep you cuddled up with a movie, he's increased the chances he can have sex with you tenfold.

6. When he says, "You look so pretty!" He really means, "I can't stop having arousing thoughts about you." If men said any of their internal monologues out loud, we'd be pepper-sprayed eight times a day. "You're so pretty" is our brain's way of forcing out as few words as possible before saying something idiotic and/or obscene and creeping you out more than the bowl-cut dude from No Country for Old Men.

7. When he says, "I don't normally like cats, but I love yours." He really means, "I hate all cats and that includes your cat." People don't just coincidentally love their girlfriend's pet when they normally hate all pets. That's like saying, "I hate all animated musicals about ice princesses but Frozen really managed to transcend that." Unless your cat is a dog, he is lying.

8. When he says, "You give the best advice." He really means, "I am an idiot. Please tell me how to do everything." Listen, when we don't know what to do, we'll never cop to it. Coming to you for advice is our way of doing whatever you tell us to do with admitting that was the plan all along. You just got Inceptioned, probably.

9. When he says, "You're a great cook." He really means, "I will never, ever tell you that I would rather be eating a Big Mac right now." Maybe you really are a great cook. Maybe he loves your cooking. You will never know for sure.

10. When he says, "Oh, I don't mind spending the night with your family." He really means, "I am saying a silent prayer that the demons of hell will open a rift in the earth and take me now." He probably doesn't even want to spend time with his own family. It isn't that he hates your family, but if he's spending time with them, it means he has to be on point all night. He can't slip up, he can't misbehave, or your family will rip him apart like a pack of wolves that love you and raised you.

No comments:

Post a Comment